2021 Upper Valley Running Series
Upper Valley Running Series
The UVRS is a series of existing road races in the Upper Valley. The goal is to encourage participation and competition in Upper Valley road races, with recognition for participation and performance. Runners who are members of the club at the time of the race do not need to register separately for the UVRS series; simply participating in the road races through the standard registration process qualifies a runner in the series. However, to score, you must be a member of the Upper Valley Running Club! More information on joining the club can be found here.
Please note that date and times of races are tentative and can change as each race approaches. We will try to keep this page as current as possible as we get more information.
Series registration is closed for 2021. However, you can sign up for each race individually. As long as you are a registered member of UVRC, you automatically participate in the series by running any or all of the series races.
Red, White, and Blue 6.2 / 10K
Shamrock Shuffle / 5K
Under the Tree / 10K
The Sprouty / 10K
Rail Trail 10K / 10K
Tiger Run / 12K
Turkey Trot / 10K
- Runners only get series points for completing the designated distance in races with multiple distances. Pay attention to this page to ensure you sign up for the correct distance! New for 2021, completing the non-designated distance will be eligible for series finisher status (though not points).
- 7/4 Red, White and Blue 6.2 - Results - Standings
- 7/31 Shamrock Shuffle - Results - Standings
- 8/21 Under the Tree - Results 5k - Results 10k - Standings
- 9/11 The Sprouty - Results - Standings
- 9/25 Downriver Rail Run - Results - Standings
- 10/31 Tiger Run - Results - Standings
- 11/21 Hanover Turkey Trot - Results - Standings
See the Scoring page.
For the few, proud Series Finishers, we present a “UVRS 2021 Finisher” prize. Prizes are to-be-announced, but in the past have included a running jacket or a nice gear bag. Series finishers participate in at least 5 of the 7 series races (and must be UVRC members at the time of the race). New for 2021, completing the non-designated distance will be eligible for series finisher status (though not points).
Age group prize winners (top 3 in each age group) will be recognized at the Awards Banquet as well.
The series award ceremony is to be determined.
Note that 2021 will _not_ include the Covered Bridges Half Marathon prize, for pandemic related reasons. CBHM has been a great partner to the UVRC and we hope to return this reward in future years.
The 2021 UVRS Committee
- Geoff Dunbar (chair)
- Rick Currier
- Michael Musty (scorekeeper)
- Melissa Herman
- Judy Phillips
- Chris Welker
- Matt Sherman