UVRC BOARD MEETING – NOVEMBER 15, 2016 – 7-8 P.M. – RAMUNTO’S
Members present: Tim Smith, Geoff Dunbar, Betsy Gonnerman, Mike Silverman, Julie Paye
Members absent: Kim Sheffield, Jim Burnett, Paul Coats
Non-members present: Mike Gonnerman
- Sponsorship: Mike S. reported that in addition to our contract with Omer & Bob’s for 15% off on running gear, Stateline Sports has agreed to a 10% deduction as well. Mike is currently in discussions with EMS, IBEX, and Harpoon Brewery. Once these are finalized, an announcement will be made to members. The suggestion was made to pursue a shoe company as well.
- Newsletter: Susannah continues to produce the newsletter, but has not been receiving many articles.
- Scholarship: Applications will be coming in after the first of the year, and then reviewed by the committee.
- Hanover Turkey Trot: Nov. 20. Jim B. will be placing the mile markers.
- Banquet: Mike S. announced that approximately 77 people attended, which was more than anticipated, which led to a crowded room. He plans to reserve the DOC House for next year – date to be decided.
- NH Grand Prix: The meeting for the selection of the 2017 races is held in Concord on Dec. 14. Geoff and Jim plan to attend. Geoff asked for suggestions of UVRC races to submit – e.g. Skip’s, Shaker Seven, Run for Pie, Run from the Law. Shamrock Shuffle will not be eligible this year, as it has been on the list the last 2 years.
- New Board: 3 new members have been added to the Board for next year: Megan Miller, Dave Sullivan, and Kevin Hartstein. Meeting day, time and location need to be decided, based on everyone’s schedules. This will be addressed at the Dec. meeting, which will be at Tim’s house – date and time to be decided.
- UVRS: Over 40 members completed the series, allowing them free entry into CBHM. Due to the large number, this offer will be reassessed for next year. Perhaps they will receive bypasses into the race.
- Jingle Bell Run: No date has been set for this. Hopefully it will be held, as it is a great opportunity for a social run, which includes all levels of runners. This led to a discussion of how to include more opportunities for the slower runners.