Board Meeting – May 2020
May Board Meeting
May 18, 2020,
6:00 pm via Zoom meeting.
Attendance: Jim Burnett, Rebecca Stanfield-McCown, Dorcas DenHartog, Krissy Flythe, Amanda Kievet, Joffrey Peters, Tim Smith, Alex Hall, Geoff Dunbar.
Absent: Paul Coats, Tiff Currier
Called to order: 6:00pm
- Rebecca – MWRR canceled, what’s next. Assume volunteers for this year will be there 2021 and club will receive bypass numbers.
- Tim – Main Street Mile debrief – 25 people ran, 20 through Strava, 5 emailed their times = success. Will post results shortly.
- Krissy – Shamrock Shuffle will most likely be virtual as well. Time TBD. No Red White and Blue 6.2. Selective activities/programming not in person until we get the all-clear, which is not looking promising. Refunds appear to have been completed. Membership – people still keep signing up! 229 members in May; 300+/- is our past yearly total.
- Geoff – Dartmouth Tri Team is making a ‘Friends of…’ list; would we share with UVRC members? Yes. They make up about ½ of winter TNT, so Tim and others very glad to support them.
- Geoff and Amanda – adapting new website to newsletter and vice versa
- Amanda – Lead discussion on new website design
- Tim – #LRC update
- Tiff – virtual apparel store and UVRC warmup outfits update. Forward to next month.
- Dorcas – Zoom strength training with Open Door update
- Jim – annual banquet, elections, potential changes in the board membership and executive position
- Krissy – Couch to 5k is going GREAT! Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Joffrey – MWRR alternative run. Challenge options, not a particular route. Find 2,300m of vertical in the least or most amount of mileage. Allow people to compete in a variety of ways! Allows for creativity of modes, distance, over period of time, eg. – how many MWRR can you accomplish in a week. Amanda – suggest 10 alternatives on trail and roads that would allow members unused to tracking vertical to plan. Categories: include treadmills, over the week – include running downtime), in one day. Ideas: make one award for same day/same vert (for competitive runners), as well as use the Lone Runner Challenge (to encourage social runners). Joffrey will draw up a promo.
- Next Meeting: Monday, June 15th, 6pm. Zoom meeting, or open to reconsideration.