News and Announcements September 2023
By: Robert Jones
- See Geoff’s Update for full details on the UVRS but we have the Sprouty just around the corner!
- Our next NHGP race is the Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day on the 17th of September (stay on the lookout for carpool/vanpool info).
- Feeling like hitting the trails? There are TWO races in the Western New Hampshire Trail Racing Series: The Lilyan Wright 5/10K on the 9th (same day as the Sprouty, decisions, decisions). The much beloved Farnum Five is on the 23rd
- September Runner’s Night Out will be the 12th. Weather depending, it may be a picnic style on the former Hanover Golf Course (stay tuned!)
- After much deliberation we have come to the First, Second, and Third place winners for our first (but not last) UVRC Poetry contest! Truth be told, we loved all the poems that we received and everyone will be receiving prizes. We are not qualified in any way to critically evaluate poetry; however, we wanted to recognize three poems that spoke most to our Runner’s soul. Thank you everyone for your entries and keep an eye out for an email about your prize! What’s the prize you ask? Well at least one of them will be some cool new stickers featuring our logo and our mascot (see below)!
In First place is Jim Burnett with “A Runner’s Awakening”
- Tuesday Night Track: We will be in flux for a bit as the Dartmouth Track is being utilized by the teams and the Hanover Track is under repairs. For the time being we will change it up with some cross country vibes and meet at the former Hanover Golf Course (hereby unofficially renamed the UVRC Cross Country Field) Follow ME for a google map pin.
- Join our Strava Club! Word on the street is that Strava is rolling out some cool club features that hopefully we can adopt. So get ahead of the curve and hop on the UVRC Strava club train *toot* *toot* https://www.strava.com/clubs/upper-valley-running-club