UVRC BOARD MEETING – SEPTEMBER 18, 2017 – 7:00 P.M. – LEBANON CITY HALL
Members present: Kevin Hartstein, Dave Sullivan, Megan Miller, Jim Burnett, Geoff Dunbar, Kim Sheffield, Paul Coats, Betsy Gonnerman
Members absent: Tim Smith, Julie Paye, Mike Silverman
- UVRS: Dave reported that 6 of the 8 races have been completed. The smaller races, which had a larger percentage of UVRC members participating, clearly benefitted from their inclusion in the series. Prizes will be awarded to those who finished at least 6 of the races, which could be as many as 30 people. Discussion ensued as to possible prizes. Paul will look into the cost of jackets. Prizes will be awarded at the banquet on Nov. 11.
- Foliage Five: Paul and Alex Hall have rerouted the course, and all the necessary permits have been obtained. Date is Oct. 15, at 2:00, 5 miles. Paul is still in need of volunteers, both on race day, and prior. It was agreed that there should be a race committee in the future, so that the burden does not fall entirely on Paul. An email will go out to the membership, asking for volunteers, as well as requests at TNT and Sat. morning runs.
- CHaD pacers: Dave has been able to get most of the pacers, but is still looking for 1 or 2 more. The pacers’ shirts and the signs will both be by finishing time, rather than pace.
- Couch to 5K: About 26 signed up for the latest group. This offering by the club has proven to be very popular since it was initially started 2 years ago. The Board is interested in finding out how many of these runners have stuck with running, and will be seeking testimonials from participants, to be included in the newsletter.
- Sat. morning runs: Megan reports that attendance is up, and there are a variety of paces. Couch to 5k runners are coming as well.
- Newsletter: Geoff is getting plenty of material, and is doing a great job collating it.
- Scholarship: Kim and Dorcas have written the letter to go to the area schools’ coaches, to encourage applications for next year’s scholarships.
- NHGP: It is hoped that UVRC can improve their ranking next year. Having more races near us, including the Shamrock Shuffle, should help. The meeting to determine next year’s races is coming up in December.
- Membership: Numbers are lower than last year; this may be due to raising of fees. We will be offering 2018 renewals, as of Oct. 1, as we have done in the past.
- Volunteers: The question of how to get more members involved in volunteering was discussed. We currently have no social committee or volunteer committee. With Dave Sullivan transitioning out of his webmaster role by the end of the year, we will need a person (or persons?) to replace him. It was suggested that in January, as we plan for the year, we decide which events we will be able to put on, and what committees are needed.
Minutes submitted by Betsy Gonnerman, Secretary.
Next Board Meeting: Monday, October 16 – 8:00 a.m. – Umpleby’s