June Board Meeting
June 15, 2020,
6:00 pm via Zoom meeting.
Attendance: Rebecca Stanfield-McCown, Amanda Kievet, Dorcas DenHartog, Krissy Flythe, Kerianne Ketcham, Joffrey Peters, Tim Smith, Alex Hall, Geoff Dunbar, Tiff Currier
Absent: Paul Coats, Jim Burnett
Rebecca called to order: 6:10pm
- Tim – Zoom pub nights and virtual Lucky’s coffee – attendance low. Going forward, as the Stay at Home order has been lifted, a group will review UVRC’s reopening plan (Hannah, Joffrey, and contact Rebecca if you’d like to contribute).
- will review ideas (such as below) and formulate when, how, where, and who.
- begin with a Saturday run at Lebanon Green (where there is more space) – start intro with masks, then run in groups <10, splitting up into smaller groups and stagger departure times then meet for take-out at Lucky’s. Contact tracing – recommend taking names/photos of who attend – as a safety measure.
- Begin TNT at Occum and Tuck Drive, where we can be more spread out; suggestion: BYOB and post-run gathering on the Dartmouth Green.
- Krissy – Shamrock Shuffle will be virtual as well. Anytime July through August. No Red White and Blue 6.2. Selective activities/programming not in person until we get the all-clear, which is not looking promising. Refunds appear to have been completed. Membership – people still keep signing up! 229 members in May; 300+/- is our past yearly total.
- Krissy – Lebanon Rec activities – recommending groups to 10 people or less. If someone has a fever, they must go get checked.
- Mascoma River Greenway survey went out – waiting for results.
- She has been posting to UVRC Facebook page; analytics 10-24 folks click on FB TNT posts. 130-250 people/week click on it – eyes are on it.
- Amanda – new website design
- Issue – once URL is switched over we lose all WordPress material. Once it’s solved we’ll go live.
- Tim – #LRC update. It’s more popular than we realize/receive feedback for. Recommend we continue it. Welcome more ideas!
- Alex – we’re officially a verified Strava club
- Tiff – virtual apparel store and UVRC warmup outfits update.
- Ready to take orders;
- Tiff will put a note in for next/July newsletter
- And info when on a new website.
- Dorcas – Zoom strength training with Carly Wynn
- 4 to 6 people attending; seems to be increasing with each week
- Email reminder – prior is key
- Dorcas will send sample workout to Kerianne to promote it to C25k
- Jim – annual banquet, elections, potential changes in the board membership and executive position
- No traditional picnic or banquet this year.
- Board members- please indicate if they will serve another term.
- Jim, stepping aside as President after a two-year term.
- Board members send Jim an email about their decision by the next board meeting.
*Kerianne – Couch to 5k interest is waning:
- meeting 2/x on Zoom Tuesdays at 6pm for cool down, and Saturdays meet for warm up then go out on their own – 20 signed up, 12 showed up at the beginning, now 6-8).
- August 2nd end of the program.
- Hoping to meet in person July 7th – 2x/week – after we’ve formulated a message.
- Final 5k? Instead of Run From the Law race make a course on upstream side of Union Village Dam, start early in the morning. Contact Army Corp of Engineers to let them know. (Dorcas, Kerianne, Tim)
- Tshirts? $10 from them to give them a shirt.
- Board members running for another two-year term –
- Jim (not as President),
- Paul (Treasurer),
- Dorcas (Secretary),
- Not running – Alex.
- Tiff – yes interested,
- Joffrey – trails liaison.
- Rebecca & Amanda – too busy to be President.
- each out to Kerianne and Hannah Taska about being on the board. Looking for more board members and people to step into leadership positions.
- 100mile relay – no one interested in organizing a team.
- Tim’s remote racing app: allows people to run the same race, different places, same time, the app will tell you how where your competitors are relative to you.
- He’s looking for people to test it with a larger group.
- Fri-Sat-Sun 1 mile challenges. (Dorcas will reach out to FS JNT and HHS xc).
- Tim sets up the day, distance, and people connect before 5am, with a browser on the smartphone, give your name, and 20 seconds later it gives you feedback.
- Next Meeting: Monday, July 13th, 6pm. Zoom meeting. Dorcas will lead.