July 15, 2019
Lebanon Town Hall
UVRC July Board Meeting Minutes
(Board*): Jim Burnett**, Dorcas DenHartog*, Alex Hall*, Tim Smith *, Amanda Kievet*, Paul Coats*, Geoff Dunbar*, Rebecca Stanfield McCown*, Joffrey Peters*, Mike Gonnerman, Betsy Gonnerman, Mary Peters, Scott King, Krissy Flythe – Lebanon Parks and Recreation Department.
Not present: Tiffany Currier*
Meeting called to order 6:37pm
- Jim – Welcome Lebanon Rec. Department’s Krissy Flythe (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will sub for Paul during his sabbatical.
- Betsy and Mike Gonnerman – Volunteer Program and Changes to Mount Washington Volunteers
- They have reached out to event directors and coordinated help for each event. This required multiple email appeals.
- For more effective response – send out appeals several times, regularity/familiarity of event (e.g. Mount Washington) helps.
- Create volunteer event spreadsheet for the year
- Write a newsletter article for upcoming events with link to event spreadsheet. and showing members’ volunteer points, and per Mike: underline importance of club members’ volunteering commitments, explaining the benefits (lottery bypasses) to UVRC members from our robust and reliable volunteers at Mount Washington
- Reward volunteers who earn >=4points with trucker hat (Rebecca) – 1pt/UVRS or NHGP race, 2pts/volunteer for 2 events, 1pt/attend social event
- August/September: revisit to gather ideas and develop game plan
- Mary – Transition to new coaches for C25K Fall Program.
- Kerianne will be head coach ($1,000 stipend for two seasons – Fall and Spring) and Scott King will volunteer as assistant coach.
- Head coach responsibilities: planning, emails, individual email support.
- UVRS entries an added incentive for coaches.
- Stipend/honorarium can be accepted or declined in writing, but remains a budget line item.
- Paul – Proposed 2020 Budget:
- Make coaching fee it a line item in the budget as an ‘honorarium’ – the coach recuses themselves from the payment and states in writing
- Scholarship goal of $1,000 needs fundraising; is it important? Should we raise money separately from CBHM? Put Scholarship on hold until we decide if/how to fund it.
- Membership dues are consistent (250-300 members)
- Dorcas: Scholarship and TNT
- Scholarship: See Paul’s note above. On hold until further notice.
- HHS Track: is due to be repaired; when and how not known but should not interfere with fall TNT.
- Amanda and Alex – Social Committee
- Picnic at Storr’s Pond, Thursday, August 8th, with a fun 5k event.
- Next Meeting:
- Monday, August 19, 6:30 at (to be confirmed by Jim – Lebanon Town Office). Rebecca will lead; Jim is unable to attend.