May 2021 Board Meeting
May Board Meeting
May 17th, 2021,
6:00 pm via Zoom meeting.
Jim Burnett (President), Robert (RJ) Jones (Vice President), Dorcas DenHartog (Secretary), Geoff Dunbar, Matt Sherman, Tim Smith, Hannah Taska.
Not present: Krissy Flythe (Treasurer),Tiff Currier
- NHGP/Geoff: Start is just around the corner! Deferring info about virtual 5k until later in the meeting; people running the virtual track 5k at Lebanon or Hanover.
- UVRS/Geoff/Matt: Tentatively planned series, contacting race directors, tomorrow deadline to commit. Sprouty - waiting to hear. Full seven (7) races! Series promotion/publication will be announced soon. Red, white, blue 6.2 July 4th kickoff race. Working with Paul and Krissy for promotion..
- Couch to 5K Check in/RJ/Krissy/Matt:
- In-Person Saturday morning runs/Hannah: Tentative start date May 29th, 9am at Omer and Bob’s. Hannah will collaborate with Tim and Kerianne about COVID protocol
- TNT/Tim: Similar to Saturday runs, after Wednesday, June 9th UVRS virtual 5k (plan event at Lebanon HS track), start TNT (at Hanover HS track) on June 15th, 5:30pm. COVID protocol per C25k and Saturday runs; he will put a note in the newsletter.
- Lebanon and Hanover High tracks/ Tim and Dorcas:
- Track marshals and volunteers for Dartmouth track events/Jim: Any updates? Do we need to ping the membership again? Tim will meet with Jeff Forino: ‘We are limited to # of people and they have what they need for the spring.’ Next event is TBD (whether fall xc or winter indoor - eg. Dartmouth Relays)
- Mount Washington/Jim: Rebecca sent out email to runners to help coordinate rides down, and to sign up volunteers to volunteer with parking on Sunday.
- Club Instagram/RJ: Instagram is going well!
- UVRC Scholarship/Krissy/Dorcas/RJ: ongoing ...
- Committee updates/Matt: board and committe members not noted on website. RJ will do that. Matt ran an article in the newsletter with contact email to Jim soliciting interest from any member interested in being on a committee. Need someone to take over Gonnerman’s work on the social committee. Matt will try to find the Google doc they’ve been using/reach out to Mike G. for help to find/understand their system.
- Future social events planning/all: Would be nice to kick in-person gathering with a celebration, perhaps outdoor event at Storrs’ Pond. Storr’s Pond summer picnic (last picnic, August 8, 2019) so consider Thursday, August 5 or 12, 2021. Fall banquet, etc.
- Members interested in 5-6 day/week training group/ Tim: Per Andrew Erickson (sp). There was/is a group who want to up the level of their training; it would be part of our mission to support them. Opportunity for more coaching and structure, while not labeling it ‘elite’.
Next meeting: Monday, June 14th, 6pm. We’ll send out a Doodle poll the week before to determine who wants/prefers in-person, Zoom or hybrid.