Board Meeting – March 2020
March Board Meeting, March 23rd, 2020, 6:00 pm via Zoom meeting.
Attendance: Tim Smith, Amanda Kievet, Jim Burnett, Geoff Dunbar, Alex Hall, Joffrey Peters, Krissy Flythe, Dorcas DenHartog,
Absent: Paul Coats,, Rebecca Stanfield-McCown, Tiffany Currier
Called to order: 6:10pm
- Check in with board members – re: COVID 19.
- Geoff: UVRS post Shamrock Shuffle reschedule and all races on hold
- Rebecca – report from her: Mt Washington RR still on but stay tuned.
- Jim – CHaD still on but stay tuned. Mike Kokko has agreed to coordinate pacers for 2020 CHaD Hero Half and will connect with Rebecca to get help. Rebecca confirmed that she will be Pacer Coordinator for 2020 CBHM. Mike Silverman (CBHM co-race director) is looking for Start Area coordinator to replace Ken Stone. (Geoff – Mike Silverman asks a UVRC volunteer coordinate runner drop offs and parking issues in the Start Area and report to the Start Area coordinator.
- Krissy: Leb. Park and Rec. Dept. maintains guidelines for social distancing while outside; rail trail: some users some do not understand social distancing.
- Tim: his UVRC challenge , ‘Road Less Run’, to substitute for TNT/Sat runs. Other options to post? How to draw membership attention? Newsletter opportunity to communicate with the club. Use Strava first to post runs.
- Krissy: re: UVRC FB – who can post? Geoff: anyone can post; not heavily used; good to use both Strava and FB
- Tim: Two Beer Tuesdays – on Zoom? Dorcas: suggest members order a ‘take out’ from Salt Hill or local establishment to show support.
- Tim: Zoom account, $15/month for unlimited meeting time; could be used for Couch25k and other opportunities. Jim – agreed. Use Dartmouth account for next month or two before deciding on our own account. Amanda: if Tim sets up the Zoom meetings, Amanda will put it on Meetup
- Amanda: website makeover coming along – updates between now and then; and she can pull in magically info from Word press to new site.
- Krissy – Olympic Trials Marathon viewing at Salt Hill – good attendance, 12-15 people attended.
- Krissy – latest membership numbers not mentioned.
- Jim – Annual Banquet 2020: Banquet will be on Saturday November 15th??? At the Dartmouth Outing Club and there will be voting for board members and Pres., VP, Sect. and Treas. predetermined). Current board members terms are ending this year and they should declare their intentions to continue or step down. Jim intends to step down as Pres. but remain on the board.
- Tiff – UVRC apparel update. Forwarded to next month.
- Jim – Upper Valley Running Expo April 4th 10-12 at Cioffredi’s. Cancelled due to COVID 19.
- Next Meeting: Monday, April 27th, 6pm. Via Zoom meeting