[updated May 15, 2020]
We recognize both the need for social distancing as well as the need to maintain the spirits of our community. Therefore we have cancelled or postponed all face-to-face events at this time. However we are also pushing forward a series of online and virtual events. This page will be frequently updated with those events.
To non-members. Please feel free to participate, comments, etc. We in UVRC recognize that the Covid-19 effects everyone, and as a community we want to help each other.
Week of May 11-17, 2020
Main Street Mile
We are partnering with Hanover Rec for a Virtual Main Street Mile. See either this months Newsletter or
Or email me for detailed maps, etc.
The Spring Session of Couch-to-5k is still happening with on-line zoom sessions. The group is very supportive was we all strive to run as best we can. Also Coach Keriann (firstname.lastname@example.org) is full of running information, advice and encouragement.
Tuesday Night Track (TNT)
We all still need to run! With races cancelled and postponed the emphasis is on maintenance of condition, which means just a little bit of speed work, like what we do through the Winter. Workouts are emailed to all club members. There are also posted on
Pub Night is the second & fourth Tuesday of the month, which means not this week.
Lone Runner Challenge
A new challenge is posted on Strava for every weekend. The idea is to go out there and do something new, different and fun. Afterwards people post their runs and photos on Strava
- Find that Treasure (this week’s – posted April 23)
- Lone Runner Challenge FAQ (How to read/post/etc.)
Past Challenges have included
- Follow The Flow (April 16)
- Dirt Road Run (April 9)
- Negative Mileage (April 2)
- The Great Hill Challenge (March 26)
- Road Less Run (March 19)
Warning: For a runner, “fun” may include a lot of sweat and mud!
UVRC Cafe – Saturday Morning @ 11:00
Join us for coffee, or what ever your post-run beverage is, at our virtual Cafe! UVRC will be hosting a Zoom session Saturday at 11:00.
- UVRC members will be receiving a link via email from Hannah.
- If you are not a member, but would like to drop in a say “hi!”, email me, and I will send you the link.
- Zoom session FAQ (How to connect)
Watch this page! We plan on rolling out a number of new ideas and features in the near future including
- more . . .
Frequently Asked Questions
Tuesday Night Track
- Do I have to post something?
No you don’t need to post anything.But I know that runners like to share their aches, and pains as well as triumphs. So feel free to comment, “I felt good until the 4th interval”, or “every lap just got better and better!”
Lone Runner Challenge
- I don’t have a Strava account. Do I need one?
The Basic Strava account is free, and simple. But if you don’t want to deal with that, you can still do the challenge, and then share any way you want. You can describe it on FaceBook, send long emails to your friends, or write it on parchment, stuff it in a bottle and float it down the Connecticut River to your friends in the flatlands.But the important thing is to do the run and then share it with the rest of us.
- How do I post my run so others see it?
Do your run and upload it like normal. Edit your description (create that funny story or write that poem) add the photos.To share, copy the URL of that page, it will look like: https://www.strava.com/activities/(123somelongnumber789). Then go to the original challenge and create a comment there by clicking on the squarish speech bubble. Write some words and paste in the link.
- How do I comment on someone else’s run?
Follow the link they posted back to their original activity, and add your comment there.
UVRC Cafe – Zoom sessions
- How do I connect to the Cafe / Zoom Session?
You will receive an email with a link in it. Just click on that link and your browser will open. If you have never used Zoom, the website will ask you if you would like to download and install the Zoom-app. You do need it. It is free. As it connects it ask you about using your computer’s camera, microphone. Say yes to those questions and you will soon be in our zoom session.
- Who Pays for Zoom? The App is free, the company “Zoom” makes its money of connecting the app session. They offer free versions of the connection. But UVRC also has a license which allows a few other features.
- I am not a member of UVRC. Can I see what it is like? Yes you can. Just email me and I’ll send you the link.
- Tim Smith – Couch UVRC