Encourage participation and competition in Upper Valley road races.
What is it?
A series made up of existing road races in the Upper Valley region. Recognition is granted in 2 categories:
- The fastest runners in each age-group category are recognized.
- Runners who participate in every race in the UVRS are recognized.
Runners do not need to register separately for the UVRS series; simply participating in the road races through their registration procedure qualifies a runner in the series.
The 2013 series runs from March to July:
- 3/16 Shamrock Shuffle 5K, Lebanon NH
- 5/11 Road to the Pogue 6.1M, Woodstock VT
- 5/18 Tuck Run for the Kids 5K*, Hanover NH
- 6/16 Skip Matthews Memorial Run 4M, Lebanon NH
- 6/23 Shaker Seven 7M, Enfield NH
- 7/4 Red, White and Blue 10K, Lebanon NH
* The Tuck Run for the Kids has a 5K and a 10K, but only the 5K is included in the UVRS series scoring.
See the Results page.
The scoring system is designed to reward both participation and performance.
Racing Age: Age group will be determined by your age on the day of
your first race in the series.
Divisions: There will be male and female divisions divided by age as
follows: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
Races: Best 4 out of 6 races will count towards the season
championships. Must compete in a minimum of 3 events to
be eligible for series awards.
Points: All finishers will receive points. If you do not finish or
participate in an event, you will receive 0 points for that event.
Points will be distributed as follows:
All other finishers 25
Tie Breakers: Ties in point standings will be settled by:
1. Head to Head competition (order of most recent race that both/all competed)
2. Highest placing athlete at final event.
3. Athlete who participated in highest number of events.
For the few, proud Series Finishers (ran every race in the series), we present a “UVRS 2013 Finisher” T-shirt. Age group prize winners (top 3 in each age group) receive a small bottle of maple syrup with a UVRS sticker on it. The awards ceremony is done, but awards are available at the Lebanon Recreation office, between 8:30 and 4:30 on weekdays. Contact me if that doesn’t work and we can make other arrangements.
To be a race in the UVRS, the race must:
- Promote the UVRS and website on the race website and registration materials.
- Mention the UVRS in the post-race awards ceremony.
- Provide scorekeeping assistance for the UVRS as dictated by the UVRS scorekeeper.
Series coordinator: Geoff Dunbar
Scorekeeper: Dave Aman