UVRC BOARD MEETING – JUNE 19, 2017 – 8:00 AM – UMPLEBY’S
Members present: Kevin Hartstein, Kim Sheffield, Dave Sullivan, Betsy Gonnerman, Mike Silverman, Geoff Dunbar, Paul Coats, Jim Burnett
Members absent: Tim Smith, Megan Miller, Julie Paye
Non-members present: Mike Gonnerman
- Scholarship: Kim announced that there had been only one submission. The committee will review the submission, and grant the award as announced later this month.
- Skip’s Run was a big success: approximately 350 runners.
- MWRR also went very well; we had more volunteers than expected, weather was great; 18 club members ran; 7 club members did not get entry through the lottery.
- CBHM also was a great success, despite the glitch with the lead runner going off course. The volunteers and pacers were well-organized and appreciated.
- Main St. Mile, in its first year, faced a few challenges: small turnout, inadequate timing system, minimal advertising. Hopefully, next year, improvements in these areas will lead to a bigger race.
- UVRS: This year we have had 56 people sign up for the whole series (higher than last year). The idea was presented of having a special prize next year for those who complete 6 of the 8 in the series, such as a jacket. This would probably necessitate a bump in the fees charged to the race directors who participate in the series.
- NHGP: The club is currently in third place. The second half of the series has races closer to Hanover/Lebanon, so hopefully we can get a larger turnout. The next race is July 15 – Bill Luti Race in Concord.
- Shoe recycling: Jim reports that shoe recycling has been booming. He reports that 500 pairs have already been recycled.
- Couch to 5K: Currently there are about 20 participants, and several coaches, with target race on July 4. On July 30, the next session will begin, coached by Mary Peters, with the target race being the CHaD 5k in October. Novo Nordisk is encouraging their employees to enter this program.
- Newsletter: Geoff Dunbar has taken over the newsletter, and has been able to get ample material. Each month, he will be seeking articles.
- Membership: Currently, we have over 250 members, and they continue to sign up.
Minutes submitted by Betsy Gonnerman, Secretary.
Next Board Meeting: Monday, July 17 – 7:00 p.m. – Lebanon City Hall