Board Minutes – February, 2017

UVRC BOARD MEETING – FEBRUARY 20, 2017 – 8-9 A.M. – UMPLEBY’S

Members present: Tim Smith, Paul Coats, Jim Burnett, Geoff Dunbar, Kevin Hartstein, Dave Sullivan, Betsy Gonnerman
Members absent: Mike Silverman, Megan Miller, Julie Paye, Kim Sheffield
Non-members present: Mike Gonnerman

  1. UVRS: Dave reported that Julie is currently working on promotional cards, but waiting to see whether there will be any sponsors. Last year Hoka was a sponsor, and supplied promotional materials at every race, arranged through Rob Waryas at Omer & Bob’s. Paul reported that 14 people had already registered for the series.
  2. New member outreach: Dave reported that he and Megan had called each of the recent new members to welcome them to the club, and answer any questions they had. He felt this was well-received, and is requesting assistance to continue with this. One of the popular questions is how to meet other running companions who may live nearby. Dave is looking into whether MeetUp or some other forum might help with this.
  3. FAQ: Tim suggested that we might consider adding a FAQ section to our website, as he is often asked the same questions from new or prospective members. He is willing to initiate a list, which others can add to.
  4. Gear: Members have asked where they can get gear. Paul will check with Omer & Bob’s as to whether they would consider selling UVRC apparel in their store, as they have in the past.
  5. CBHM training: Dave and Geoff are proposing having training runs on Saturdays in April and May, alternating between Lebanon and the CBHM course. Geoff will post the schedule. It was also suggested that TNT have some race-specific workouts for CBHM as well.
  6. Main Street Mile: Tim announced that the Hanover Rec. Dept. has gotten the approvals needed. The date is Saturday, May 20, at 10 a.m. Ben True has expressed an interest in having a possible “exhibition” of more elite runners at this event as well.
  7. Couch to 5K: A coach is still needed for our spring program, to start in early April, with the target 5k race being July 4.
  8. Website calendars: A suggestion was made to synch up the Google and MeetUp calendars. Dave will work on this. Dave & Geoff will add the NHGP and UVRS races to the calendar.
  9. MWRR: Mike G. announced that the volunteers have been lined up, and the bypass numbers distributed.
  10. NHGP: Jim will continue to promote the NHGP races this year, and the van will be available as in the past.

Minutes submitted by Betsy Gonnerman, Secretary.
Next Board Meeting: Monday, March 20, 2017 – Lebanon City Hall – 7:00 p.m.

Comments are closed.