UVRC BOARD MEETING – APRIL 17, 2017 – 8:00 AM – UMPLEBY’S
Members present: Tim Smith, Jim Burnett, Paul Coats, Dave Sullivan, Betsy Gonnerman
Members absent: Geoff Dunbar, Kevin Hartstein, Megan Miller, Julie Paye, Kim Sheffield, Mike Silverman
Non-members present: Mike Gonnerman
- Couch to 5K: Paul announced that the kickoff meeting last week went well – 17 people signed up to participate. Some volunteers have stepped up, but more are needed. The first workout is Tuesday, April 25, at the HHS track.
- TNT: The HHS track will be available once permission is granted, and then workouts will be moved to the Dartmouth track after May 2.
- NHGP: Jim announced that the last race was attended by 24 members. UVRC placed third behind GDTC and GCS, who had brought huge numbers of runners. These clubs promote the races, and offer discounts to their members on registrations. Discussion ensued as to whether UVRC should do something similar. The concern was raised that this would only benefit a very small number of members. The NHGP racers already get free singlets if they sign up for at least 2 away races, and they get free use of the Leb Rec van. Jim also said he had been in touch with the Canaan police re Run from the Law, and he will be certifying that race.
- Babysitters for members: This issue has been brought up previously by Jared Rhoads, but we do not have a recent update on his progress. The Board discussed the possibility of helping out in this area, if needed. Tim plans to follow up with Jared.
- Singlets: Paul has placed an order, and they should be ready for pickup in the next week, before the next NHGP race. Paul had talked to Omer & Bob’s about keeping a supply at their store, but none of their vendors currently make white singlets. Talks will continue.
- Main Street Mile: Tim announced that final approval and permits have been obtained. Jim has measured the course for certification. The event will take place on Sat., May 20 at 10 a.m. There has been no decision on what timing system will be used. Tim will follow up with Hanover to iron this out. The registration form will be on the Hanover Park & Rec website. There has reportedly been interest from Dartmouth students, who want to participate in the race, as a competition between fraternities, houses, etc.
- Scholarship: Nobody knew the status of this contest. Awaiting report from Kim.
- UVRS: Dave reported that the race directors of Under the Tree had not been aware that their inclusion in the series last year did not guarantee them inclusion this year. It was decided that this should be made clear at the beginning of the year, when the race series is being decided.
Minutes submitted by Betsy Gonnerman, Secretary
Next Board Meeting: Monday, May 15 – 7:00 p.m. – Lebanon City Hall