May 13, 2019
56 Elm Street, Lebanon, NH
UVRC March Board Meeting Minutes
Present: (Board*): Jim Burnett**, Rebecca Stanfield McCown*, Dorcas DenHartog*, Joffrey Peters*, Alex Hall*, Tim Smith *, Amanda Kievet*, Tiffany Currier*
Guests: Sara Lamie & Kate Gamble from Open Door.
Not present: Paul Coats*, Geoff Dunbar*
Rebecca called the meeting to order: 6:35 pm
- Sara Lamie & Kate Gamble from Open Door (an integrated wellness center in WRJ, provides wellness outreach, classes and services) presented a possible 5-part series for UVRC runners.
- Could offer information/workshops including Britton Man (acupuncture), Kevin Comeau (massage), Holly Westburn (nutrition), Lisa Blackburn (PT/running mechanics), and Sara Lamie (PT/strength) who could offer strength-based directed information, common and specific injuries for runners.
- Kate will write a summary/promo/survey for members in the next newsletter.
- Tim points out that Couch2,5K group could best be reached after their TNT workouts end – 6:30pm – or after their spring goal race, 6.2 Red, White, and Blue (July 4th/ish).
- Cost would be dependent on numbers of attendees; Kate will get back to us.
- Social Media Discussion – Amanda
- Follow the link above to the details of this discussion.
- Social Committee Announcements – Amanda
- Annual Picnic is Thursday Aug 8, Storrs Pond
- Annual Banquet and Awards Ceremony: Saturday, Nov 9, 2019, DOC House
- Scholarship award for 2019, 2020 – Dorcas
- Paul’s note: Kim Sheffield donated an additional $100 towards this scholarship for $500 available for 2019.
- Only one student has expressed interest but has not met the deadline to submit an application. Solution: give two scholarships for June 2020.
- Action Item- Dorcas: contact VT counselors; send out promotional piece and application links to VT and NH Upper Valley guidance counselors by S.eptember 2019
- Action Item – Alex: send list of NH counselors to Dorcas,
- Contributing to HHS track – Dorcas
- -Is in contact with Mat Zweere, who is in charge of HHS building and grounds.
- -Best, most effective solution: ask him what HHS track needs and how much they cost – services and/or equipment (eg:how much power-washing the track would cost) and bring request back to Board and discuss if/how to pay their vendors directly.
- -Action Item: Dorcas will contact Mat Zweres and report at June Board Meeting.
- Volunteer Program update – Jim
- -Gonnermans will coordinate volunteers at UVRC events.
- -Mike G. and Geoff are creating a spreadsheet of events and volunteer positions.
- -Action Item: Jim will follow up when spreadsheet is ready.
- Communication Coordinator replacement – Paul, Alex
- -problem: exporting database from Leb Red to UVRC’s membership and mailing lists causes loss of all but primary member’s email address
- -we need access to programming of Leb Rec’s member database in order to keep track of emails of secondary and other family members in order to track all members.
- – Action Item: Alex will be in contact with programming people to rectify.
- Main Street Mile – Tim
- -It’s a go! All is in order.
- -Action Item: Tim will email Gonnerman’s about who is volunteering so they can add to spreadsheet.
- Indoor facility survey – Geoff
- Action Item: Geoff will complete and assemble response data.
- 2019 budget projection in spreadsheet format – Paul
- “Jim has my report”
- UVRC coaches, method of compensation – Paul
- “should be contractual. Certifications must be done on their own, built into the overall contract fee)”. So fee would have to cover the coaching/certifications and UVRC would pay the coach and their certification out of the program fee.
- Paul’s sabbatical:
- Action Item: Jim will invite Lebanon Rec Department personnel who will sub for Paul to the Board Meeting before he leaves.
- Next Meeting:
- Monday, June 10th, 6:30 at Lebanon City Hall.