Board Meeting – May 2019

May 13, 2019

56 Elm Street, Lebanon, NH

 

UVRC March Board Meeting Minutes

 

Present: (Board*): Jim Burnett**, Rebecca Stanfield McCown*, Dorcas DenHartog*, Joffrey Peters*, Alex Hall*, Tim Smith *, Amanda Kievet*,  Tiffany Currier*

Guests: Sara Lamie & Kate Gamble from Open Door.

Not present: Paul Coats*, Geoff Dunbar*

 

Rebecca called the meeting to order: 6:35 pm

  1. Sara Lamie & Kate Gamble from Open Door (an integrated wellness center in WRJ, provides wellness outreach, classes and services) presented a possible 5-part series for UVRC runners.
  • Could offer information/workshops including Britton Man (acupuncture), Kevin Comeau (massage), Holly Westburn (nutrition), Lisa Blackburn (PT/running mechanics), and Sara Lamie (PT/strength) who could offer strength-based directed information, common and specific injuries for runners.
  • Kate will write a summary/promo/survey for members in the next newsletter.
  • Tim points out that Couch2,5K group could best be reached after their TNT workouts end –  6:30pm – or after their spring goal race, 6.2 Red, White, and Blue (July 4th/ish).
  • Cost would be dependent on numbers of attendees; Kate will get back to us.
  1. Social Media Discussion – Amanda
    • Follow the link above to the details of this discussion.
  1. Social Committee Announcements – Amanda
    • Annual Picnic is Thursday Aug 8, Storrs Pond
    • Annual Banquet and Awards Ceremony: Saturday, Nov 9, 2019, DOC House
  1. Scholarship award for 2019, 2020 – Dorcas
  • Paul’s note: Kim Sheffield donated an additional $100 towards this scholarship for $500 available for 2019.
  • Only one student has expressed interest but has not met the deadline to submit an application. Solution: give two scholarships for June 2020.
  • Action Item- Dorcas: contact VT counselors; send out promotional piece and application links to VT and NH Upper Valley guidance counselors by S.eptember 2019
  • Action Item – Alex: send list of NH counselors to Dorcas,

 

  1. Contributing to HHS track – Dorcas
  • -Is in contact with Mat Zweere, who is in charge of HHS building and grounds.
  • -Best, most effective solution: ask him what HHS track needs and how much they cost – services and/or equipment (eg:how much power-washing the track would cost) and bring request back to Board and discuss if/how to pay their vendors directly.  
  • -Action Item: Dorcas will contact Mat Zweres and report at June Board Meeting.

 

  1. Volunteer Program update – Jim
  • -Gonnermans will coordinate volunteers at UVRC events.
  • -Mike G. and Geoff are creating a spreadsheet of events and volunteer positions.
  • -Action Item: Jim will follow up when spreadsheet is ready.

 

  1. Communication Coordinator replacement – Paul, Alex
  • -problem: exporting database from Leb Red to UVRC’s membership and mailing lists causes loss of all but primary member’s email address
  • -we need access to programming of Leb Rec’s member database in order to keep track of emails of secondary and other family members in order to track all members.
  • – Action Item: Alex will be in contact with programming people to rectify.

 

  1. Main Street Mile – Tim
  • -It’s a go! All is in order.
  • -Action Item: Tim will email Gonnerman’s about who is volunteering so they can add to spreadsheet.

 

  1. Indoor facility survey – Geoff
  • Action Item: Geoff will complete and assemble response data.

 

  1. 2019 budget projection in spreadsheet format – Paul
  • “Jim has my report”

 

  1. UVRC coaches, method of compensation – Paul
  • “should be contractual. Certifications must be done on their own, built into the overall contract fee)”. So fee would have to cover the coaching/certifications and UVRC would pay the coach and their certification out of the program fee.

 

  1. Paul’s sabbatical:
  • Action Item: Jim will invite Lebanon Rec Department personnel who will sub for Paul to the Board Meeting before he leaves.

 

  1. Next Meeting:
  • Monday, June 10th, 6:30 at Lebanon City Hall.

Comments are closed.