Board Meeting July 2018

UVRC BOARD MEETING – July 16, 2018 – 6:30 P.M. – RAMUNTO’S

Members present: Tim Smith, Geoff Dunbar, Alex Hall, Rob Daniels, Betsy Gonnerman
Members absent: Kevin Hartstein, Paul Coats, Kim Sheffield, Julie Paye, Megan Miller, Jim Burnett

    1. Dartmouth Tri Team: Since they were registered as a group, their individual email addresses are needed. Alex will work with Travis to get those.
    2. Upcoming talk: Roy Benson, an expert on Heart Rate Monitoring and a long-time running expert, will be speaking on Tuesday, July 24, at 6:30 p.m. after TNT, in the Floren Building next to the track.
    3. CHaD: Pacers are being organized by Rebecca Stansfield-McCown and Geoff Dunbar.
    4. Summer picnic: Date is August 9 at Storrs Pond. The plan is to have a course to run before eating, since the Fiddlehead Five is not happening. Kim will help Kevin Hartstein and the Social Committee with this. An article for the newsletter will be submitted by Kevin.
    5. Apparel: Rob has emailed the club with clothing options, and is already receiving orders, for short and long-sleeve shirts, and singlets.
    6. Couch to 5K: The spring program culminated on July 4; next program will begin in about one month. Tim will talk to Mary re targeted 5k (perhaps CHaD again).
    7. Foliage Five: Alex reported that the roads in Thetford have not been repaired yet, but that we should be able to use the same course as last year. Tim will talk to Paul re details.
    8. UVRS: Rob reports the series continues to be popular, with more participants signed up than last year.
    9. Summer BBQ at Storrs Pond is planned for August 2nd to coincide with a Fiddlehead 5 run. Kevin will try to get the Byrne Pavilion and write something for the July newsletter.
    10. Board: Elections are coming up in November. The Board will decide on a slate, to be voted on at the Holiday party.

Action Items:

    1. Tim to contact Mary Peters re next Couch to 5k program and targeted race.
    2. Tim to talk to Paul re details of Foliage Five race.
    3. At next meeting, will form a “search committee” for new Board members.
    4. Alex to work with Travis to get Tri Team’s email addresses.
    5. Kevin to submit article on summer picnic for August newsletter.

Minutes submitted by Betsy Gonnerman, Secretary
Next Board Meeting – Monday, August 20, 2018 – 6:30 p.m. – Lebanon City Hall

Comments are closed.