UVRC BOARD MEETING – JANUARY 15, 2018 – 6:30 P.M. – LEBANON CITY HALL
Members present: Tim Smith, Kevin Hartstein, Geoff Dunbar, Paul Coats, Jim Burnett, Megan Miller,
Julie Paye, Rob Daniels, Betsy Gonnerman
Members absent: Mike Silverman, Kim Sheffield
- NHGP – Jim announced that Lee Peters will be assisting him with promotion of NHGP races
- Upper Valley Haven – Paul announced that the Haven was very appreciative of our contribution
of one UVRS entry.
- Website – Tim announced that Alex Hall is willing to take over management of the website. It is
unclear whether he will also be taking over the roster management.
- UVRS – Rob has been working on the race series, and announced that 7 out of the 8 races are
already firm. He plans to announce the entire series at the Red Zone 5k, on Feb. 3. Mike
Silverman has assured Rob that those runners who complete 6/8 races will again receive
automatic bypass of the CBHM lottery.
- Red Zone 5k – Rob has talked to the race director about UVRC providing food post-race at their
race, as a kickoff to the UVRS. There will also be opportunities for UVRC and UVRS registrations.
They are happy to have us there.
- Main St. Mile – Tim continues to have discussions with Liz Burdette re date and timing of the
race. Lancer Timing is interested in helping out.
- Hartford Track – Tim suggested that someone (e.g. Sandra Rhodes) from the Friends of Hartford
Track may want to submit an article to the UVRC newsletter, re their progress in this area.
- Hanover Track – A previous suggestion to make a donation for track improvement needs follow-
up. Dorcas would be the obvious contact to determine the needs/wishes of the present
- Volunteers – Megan has put together a rough draft of volunteer areas, and possible volunteers.
Julie will assist with the list of volunteers. She will formalize her draft, to be put on the website.
- Social Committee – Kevin plans to come up with dates for the picnic, banquet, and two away
NHGP races where runners might gather afterwards.
- Board position – Since Mike Silverman has had difficulty making the meetings, he has asked to
be removed from the Board. It was recommended that Alex Hall might be a possible
- Tim will follow up with Alex re: website management and roster management
- Rob will send emails re Red Zone race and UVRS schedule.
- Tim will continue to work with Liz B. re date of Main St. Mile.
- Geoff will speak to Sandra Rhodes re interest in a newsletter article about the Hartford Track.
- Tim will contact Dorcas re HHS plans for repairing/replacing their track.
- Megan will formalize her volunteer chart, with help from Julie.
- Tim will offer Board position to Alex Hall.
- Kevin will select dates for: picnic, banquet, and 2 away race gatherings.
Minutes submitted by Betsy Gonnerman, Secretary
Next Board Meeting – Monday, February 19, 2018 – 6:30 p.m. – Lebanon City Hall