Board Meeting – February 2019

February 11, 2019

Town of Lebanon Building

 

UVRC February Board Meeting Minutes

 

Present: (Board*): Rebecca Stanfield McCown*, Jim Burnett**, Geoff Dunbar*, Amanda Kievet*, Dorcas DenHartog*, Tiffany Currier*, Joffrey Peters*, Paul Coats*, Tim Smith*.

 

**Jim arrived at 7pm, Alex Hall could not make it- report submitted via email to Jim

 

Rebecca called the meeting to order: 6:30 pm

 

  1. Minutes from January 2019 Board Meeting accepted.
  2. Review UVRC Mission Statement

Original:

“The UVRC promotes and encourages distance running as a participatory activity and as a competitive sport. Toward those goals, the UVRC promotes and conducts races or other running activities; disseminates information on running via presentations and educational programs; conducts training runs and social gatherings; and does related activities.”

 

Working draft:

“The UVRC  (building a community of runners, building a running community;  ) (social, education, racing)

promotes distance running as a participatory activity and as a competitive sport.

Toward those goals, the UVRC promotes and conducts races or other running activities; disseminates information on running via presentations and educational programs; conducts training runs and social gatherings; and does related activities.”

 

Considerations discussed: definition of distance; value of establishing a community of running;

 

Action Item: Mission Statement committee: Paul, Tiffany, Rebecca will work on wordsmithing the Mission Statement. ave proposal ready  – March 2019 meeting

  1. Review Action Items

Dorcas

    1. Scholarship Fund: Paul, CBHM access income ($2,000) can be for the scholarship. Kim has offered $500 towards the scholarship for this year. Action Item: Dorcas will discuss with Paul accessing the CBHM monies for the Scholarship.April 2019

 

Paul

  1. Big goal, getting  300 members!
  2. Getting others certified to drive the van – in the spring
  3. Dartmouth Triathlon Team. Dartmouth does not fund the Tri team. Geoff and Paul settled on $200/team/year to register with UVRC.
  4. Ciofreddi – Talk is set up, flyer created, Tuesday, April 9, 7:15 pm at Ciofreddi and Associates Physical Therapy:  112 Etna Rd, Lebanon, NH 03766.
    1. Pub Night – move to April 2nd.
    2. Geoff will see who might write an article about it for the Newsletter.
  1. CBHM – charity runners get half off UVRC membership fee.
  2. CBHM  organization: Tiffany shared the list of to-dos from Kim. Ask Mike Silverman – does UVRC do all of it.

Action Item: Rebecca will review the list with Mike Silverman and confirm which responsibilities are UVRC and which are contracted out and to whom.

 

Amanda

Tim will update Meetup

Laura LaMontagne/Mike Silverman – need new location for next end of year banquet; plan to cater again. Action Item: continue looking for a venue.

New business: discuss bathroom facilities during TNT. Winter: Moore Hall near Occum Pond; summer: Hanover High School’s – Dorcas will ask HHS Athletic Director; Tuck Drive: port-o-let between Tom Dent Cabin and old, large rowing clubhouse. Amanda will post the information

Discussion of use and uses of MeetUp. Action Item: take a Board meeting to discuss UVRC use of social media (including UVRC Twitter) to communicate with and motivate members.

 

Tim:

Finding a coach/coaching for UVRC

Committee: Mary, Rob Frost, Kim. 1) next coach should identify target races to focus training.  2) looking for a Barry Harwick will ask his assistants if they would coach us for 10 weeks at a time. 3) Tim will attend a USAT workshop this summer.

 

Alex

Website: updated header

Recommended policy: “if a club member wants to advertise an event they can use the Allt list; if a non-member asked, they could find a club member who had run the race, to contact them and have them write a note.”

Action Item: identify a running calendar and provide a link to it on UVRC website.

 

Mary and Kristin:

If you are alumni – join the club ($20) and pay $10 for C25K crew and race entry fee.

Accepted: Paul will make it so.

 

  1. Next meeting: Monday, March 11, 6:30pm, Lebanon Town Office, West meeting room.. Updates due by Monday, March 4th.

 

Agenda for next meeting:

Review UVRC mission statement

Review Action Items

Discuss social media use

Forwarded, second time:new membership incentive ideas from Anne

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Dorcas DenHartog, Secretary

 

(Action Item list by board member on next page.)

 

 

Action Items by Board Member

Members – Please review and/ or enter a proposed deadline for each of your action items

 

    • Dorcas
      • UVRC Scholarship Committee – find a source of funding for next year (Dorcas and UVRC) – April 2019

 

  • Paul

 

      • Certifying more members to drive the (new!) van. April 2019

 

  • contact Mike Silverman, define job description and narrow down candidates for CBHM Start Area coordinator(s). Possible candidates Tom and Pam Moore, Bill and Sara Young, Hillary and Patrick Wheeler, Barbara and Alan Callaway
  • Amanda

 

    • Form Committee on “UVRC Social Media” to include Joffrey, Laura P, Rebecca, Alex, others? To bring a proposal to March meeting on how UVRC can best use Facebook, MeetUp, Strava, Twitter (or not), UVRC Website to communicate with members.March 11, 2019 board meeting
    • Tiffany

 

  • Tim

 

    • Coaching Program Coordinator.
    • Action Item: Form a committee to determine what our club needs to do to certify and pay coaches for TNT  (Tim) – deadline___?
  • Jim
    • reorganized UVRC committees, chairs and tasks –
    • Action Item: continue to find members to fill key Committee Positions – Volunteer Coordinator and CBHM Start Area Coordinator by  February 11th 2019 and ongoing…

 

    • Action Item: Jim and Rebecca meet to create Volunteer survey and spreadsheet for March meeting. Include Mike and Betsy Gonnerman once it is ready to roll.

 

 

  • Alex – presented by Paul

 

      • Leb, Rec. and UVRC Websites Coordinators
        • goal of 300 members renewed by February 2019, one month before Shamrock Shuffle (Paul Coats and Alex Hall) – deadline February 1, 2019
        • Website updated with the 2019 UVRC series (Alex Hall) – deadline January 19, 2019? 2nd set of edits deadline February 3, 2019
        • January 19, 2019? 2nd set of edits deadline February 3, 2019

 

  • Rebecca

 

      • Reach out to Hillary Young, Mike Kokko, Ken Stone about Clothing
      • CBHM organization document review the list with Mike Silverman and confirm which responsibilities are UVRC and which are contracted out and to whom.
      • Update CBHM Pacers
      • Setup Google Folder and organization system for UVRC materials
        • Committee Organization
        • Social Media

 

  • Mary Peters, Kristen Coats

 

    • C25K Program
      • Action Item: court and train volunteers to take over C25K responsibilities for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 (Kristen and Mary) – deadline___?

 

 

Comments are closed.