December 16, 2019
Lebanon Town Hall
UVRC September Board Meeting Minutes
(Board*): Jim Burnett**, Dorcas DenHartog*, Alex Hall*, Amanda Kievet*, Geoff Dunbar*, Krissy Flythe(*), Rebecca Stanfield McCown*, Joffrey Peters*,
Not present: Paul Coats (on sabbatical)*, Tiffany Currier*, Tim Smith *
- Jim: Meeting called to order 6:35 pm
- Open Door Wellness Center update:
- Free open house, January 8, 2020, 6 pm-7 pm, 18 N. Main Street, WRJ, VT.
- Rebecca: Hats! We have hats
- Volunteers at least 3 events, couch to 5k coaches, and board members earned a UVRC trucker hat.
- Those who have earned a hat will receive an email Thank you and note that they can pick it up at the Jingle Bell Run, Tuesday, December 17th.
- Confirm parameters for next year – those who qualify: volunteer at 3 events, coach Cto5K, board members, and committee members.
- Encourages race directors to communicate with UVRC about the need for and UVRC volunteers (Jim).
- Geoff: Awards for UVRC series finishers
- Will receive a gear bag
- Amanda: Jingle Bell Run
- Amanda will lead; Geoff has been volunteered.
- Krissy: LOH/Lebanon Town Hall
- Renovation completion date undetermined
- Meeting room available, though smaller, at River Valley College OR Jim’s house.
- Jim: 2020 Race Series
- Meeting date:
- For UVRC race series club has 5 nominations: Skip’s Run 4M, Shaker Seven 7M, Run With The Law 5K, Red White and Blue 6.2M, Tiger Run 12K,
- New England Road Race Grand Prix Series 2020 is published
- Capital Area Racing Series (CARS) 2020 has eight races published, starting in March.
- Talk of changing the scoring system so clubs with fewer members can score well, rather than leaning towards 3 scorers per age group; instead, xc scoring and age-graded scoring for masters division, so 20 member participants clubs could do well.
- Meeting date:
- Geoff: UVRC series 2020
- About five committee members coming back
- The first meeting in early January 202o to choose the races.
- Expect to announce it at the Red Zone 5k in Wilder, VT.
- Need a new scorekeeper
- (Tim): TNT
- Is going well, tho’ low attendance
- Pub Night, however, is well attended
- Best news – three + people coming from Couch to 5K. Kerianne has been posting good notes encouraging people to come for a social run.
- Couch to 5K 2020 – Amanda and Kerianne will discuss during the drive to Buffalo.
- First Lebanon Park and Rec/UVRC Couch to 5k outreach announcing Saturday workouts, 8am Carter Community Building, indoor stretch, and workout.
- Krissy: A race for everyone else, 0.5km
- To consider, a run done in Texas, it has raised >$7K (fundraiser for Lebanon Park and Rec. Department), ending at Salt Hill. What does the board think? YES!
- ‘Perfect Day in May, Point Five K’ (Alex)
- Monday, January 13th, 6:30 at River Valley College, on the Mall in Lebanon – across from Omer and Bob’s (15 Hanover Street, Lebanon). (After Dartmouth Relays)