Board Meeting – April 2020

 

April Board Meeting

April 27, 2020, 

6:00 pm via Zoom meeting. 

Attendance: Jim Burnett, Rebecca Stanfield-McCown, Tiffany Currier, Dorcas DenHartog, Geoff Dunbar, Krissy Flythe, Amanda Kievet, Joffrey Peters, Tim Smith, 

Absent: Paul Coats, Alex Hall

6:10pm

  • Krissy – Couch to 5K update. Excellent attendance and much appreciated.
  • Tim – Virtual Main Street Mile in May. Liz Burdette at Hanover Parks and Rec. contacted him; recommended offering it over a longer time frame (one week) and ‘advertise’ it if possible by marking the route with signs, note: no entry fee!
  • Tim – 2 Beer Tuesday on Zoom. Low attendance; conflicts with family time for many people; awkward and needs a focus to generate conversation; better for Tim to host, rather than Amanda. Tim to decide whether to continue Tuesday Night Zoom sessions.
  • Jim – will write an article for the May Newsletter suggesting local hill climbs runners can use to train for MWRR and/or to incorporate into their strength building for a fall half or full marathon. (No virtual MWRR training at Mt. Ascutney)
  • Amanda – website renewal update. Amand sent a link to the new UVRC website for board members to review and offer feedback to her.
  • Geoff – UVRS update. Series is canceled and refunds are being offered.
  • Geoff and Amanda – newsletter info. Board members should offer feedback to Amanda regarding the proposed new format for the newsletter.
  • Jim – NHGP update. Two of five races are canceled, two are indefinitely postponed and one is still on for now. Ideas are being floated on how the series could be salvaged. Stay tuned.
  • Krissy – UVRS refunds and membership update, how’s everything at Leb. Rec.?

UVRC will coordinate our decisions as to when to phase in UVRC in-person runs. For now the State of NH limits group meetings until May 4th. Stay tuned.

  • Rebecca – MWRR update. Chances are slim that the race will be a go in June or August if postponed. Joffrey is considering cooking up a replacement challenge. 
  • Tim and Alex – #LRC on Strava update. Participation has been spotty and Tim plans to keep it going for now.
  • Tim – Virtual TNT update. No mention of Virtual TNT. 
  • Tiff – Virtual Apparel Store update. Pants are to be black and jackets Forest Green with embroidered UVRC logo on the chest. Tiff will find out how much it will cost to add UVRC in large letters on the back panel of the jackets.
  • New Business – Virtual Annual Picnic this summer??? and Virtual Annual Banquet, including voting for board members, this fall???
  • Loose Ends – please make it known if you would like to remain on the board for another 2-year term. 
  • Geoff – Zoom Strength Training (Carly Wynn). Geoff and Dorcas will contact Carly to discuss possibilities. Generally agreed that these Zoom sessions should be on Tuesdays.
  • Rebecca – Rebecca suggested that, based on her experience at work, perhaps we are trying to create too many virtual offerings. Do we need to have a UVRC virtual event planned for every day of the week? There was general agreement with this sentiment and the thought that, for now, let’s stick with virtual C25K (working well already), virtual TNT and virtual Lucky’s Cafe on Saturdays. Zoom Pub night will switch to once rather than twice per month and Amanda will decide whether or not to continue it based on participation going forward.

 

  • Next Meeting: Monday, May 18, 6pm. Via Zoom meeting

Comments are closed.