Board Meeting – April 2019

April 8, 2019

Town of Lebanon Building

 

UVRC March Board Meeting Minutes

 

Present: (Board*): Jim Burnett**, Rebecca Stanfield McCown*, Geoff Dunbar*, Dorcas DenHartog*, Joffrey Peters*, Paul Coats*, Alex Hall*, Tim Smith*

Not present: Amanda Kievet*,  Tiffany Currier*

 

Jim called the meeting to order: 6:35 pm

 

  1. Red’s Race debrief – Jim
  1. Vanpool – successful. Van full, plus one overflow and one independent car
  2. Post-race brunch. Good.
  3. Gate City Half Marathon start, 8:00 start should allow time for post-race breakfast.
    1. Can we afford funding away-race breakfasts: to consider – CBHM funds ($~ 15,000) half towards Scholarship Fund, some towards singlets for club members who run in two, away races.
    2. Recommend full funding 2x/year breakfast offerings to key away events – kicking off spring/summer races and fall races, with smaller/less expensive gatherings (coffee/ice cream)for other races.
    3. Members who sign up for vanpool late are not included with follow up communications; how to rectify.

 

  1. CBHM

Ken Stone  – agreed to oversee the Start responsibilities.

Gonnermans – Jim will meet with them (4/17/19) to discuss how best to utilize Mike’s spreadsheet and Betsy’s organization skills. (see Action Items)

 

  1. Geoff – will survey UVRC members re. demand for an indoor running facility/winter track (part of an indoor multi-use recreational facility that might/could include an indoor track), perhaps local coaches as well. He will send survey to Club members.

 

  1. Rebecca – vanpool surveys and responses. Surveys, Responses, and How To, are in the “2019 Grand Prix” folder (see Action Items).

 

  1. Joffrey – Social Media. Amanda is away; continue to forward this Action Item.

 

  1. Alex – UVRC WordPress website upgrades: UVRS is updated; upper menu list is updated; ‘hide/removed’ ‘Volunteers’ page as only one post/last three years; contact information is up to date;
  2. Paul – With Dave gone – Alex has needed to troubleshoot website issues; with Travis Peters leaving, what is he accomplishing, how to understand that, and who will take over his responsibilities? Joffrey offered to assist Alex with Communications Position (Travis) Action Item.

 

  1. Tim –

Main Street Mile.

Thursday, May 16, 7 pm. Hanover Country Club to Dartmouth Green. Dartmouth Triathlon Team is helping out; need an on-campus sponsor to utilize the Green.

Tuesday Night Track coach.

Dorcas will coach May 28 through August. Will be paid but as a board member will recuse herself from voting or being present when there is a conflict of interest.

Should it be a contract or a UVRC employee-relationship? Should the certification be a requirement of the contract? Should we encourage Couch to 5K coaches to become certified and then increase their pay accordingly? Action Item

Last Occum TNT April 9 (Shrinking Shuttle Relay, Pub Night AND Injury Prevention Workshop; TNT at Hanover Track starting April 16th. Feedback: Recommend CBHM and CHaD as goal races for TNT participants

Tim will attend a USATF coaching workshop over the summer. They also offer a two-hour online course, perhaps offer an opportunity for others to join him to do the course. Board will pay for coaching certification/courses. Action Item: date/site of course

 

  1. 4. Dorcas – approach HHS AD re. Use of track as community members, make a contribution to HHS for use of the track   

 

Next Meeting: Monday, May 13, 6:30 pm. Location: Rebecca Stanfield McCown’s house, 56 Elm Street, Lebanon, NH

 

Action Items for May 2019 meeting

 

  1. Geoff – survey club members about interest in indoor track facility
  2. Rebecca – will list how to send out a vanpool survey and place
  3. Amanda, Alex – forwarded fourth time: Social Media overview
  4. Paul, Alex, Joffrey – with Travis Peters leaving, what is he accomplishing, how to understand that, and who will take over his responsibilities in late June?
  5. Paul – Should coaching TNT be a contract or a UVRC employee-relationship? Should the certification be a requirement of the contract? Should we encourage Couch 2 5K coaches to become certified and then increase their pay accordingly?
  6. Dorcas – will contact Eric Piconni/HHS Coach about a Thursday evening workout at the Dresden fields for HHS runners – and UVRC members are interested in joining.
  7. Paul – Treasurer’s report, including up to date financial statement – income and expenses.
  8. Jim – Meet with Gonnermans to discuss their job descriptions as Volunteer Program Coordinators.

 

Comments are closed.