April 8, 2019
Town of Lebanon Building
UVRC March Board Meeting Minutes
Present: (Board*): Jim Burnett**, Rebecca Stanfield McCown*, Geoff Dunbar*, Dorcas DenHartog*, Joffrey Peters*, Paul Coats*, Alex Hall*, Tim Smith*
Not present: Amanda Kievet*, Tiffany Currier*
Jim called the meeting to order: 6:35 pm
- Red’s Race debrief – Jim
- Vanpool – successful. Van full, plus one overflow and one independent car
- Post-race brunch. Good.
- Gate City Half Marathon start, 8:00 start should allow time for post-race breakfast.
- Can we afford funding away-race breakfasts: to consider – CBHM funds ($~ 15,000) half towards Scholarship Fund, some towards singlets for club members who run in two, away races.
- Recommend full funding 2x/year breakfast offerings to key away events – kicking off spring/summer races and fall races, with smaller/less expensive gatherings (coffee/ice cream)for other races.
- Members who sign up for vanpool late are not included with follow up communications; how to rectify.
Ken Stone – agreed to oversee the Start responsibilities.
Gonnermans – Jim will meet with them (4/17/19) to discuss how best to utilize Mike’s spreadsheet and Betsy’s organization skills. (see Action Items)
- Geoff – will survey UVRC members re. demand for an indoor running facility/winter track (part of an indoor multi-use recreational facility that might/could include an indoor track), perhaps local coaches as well. He will send survey to Club members.
- Rebecca – vanpool surveys and responses. Surveys, Responses, and How To, are in the “2019 Grand Prix” folder (see Action Items).
- Joffrey – Social Media. Amanda is away; continue to forward this Action Item.
- Alex – UVRC WordPress website upgrades: UVRS is updated; upper menu list is updated; ‘hide/removed’ ‘Volunteers’ page as only one post/last three years; contact information is up to date;
- Paul – With Dave gone – Alex has needed to troubleshoot website issues; with Travis Peters leaving, what is he accomplishing, how to understand that, and who will take over his responsibilities? Joffrey offered to assist Alex with Communications Position (Travis) Action Item.
- Tim –
Main Street Mile.
Thursday, May 16, 7 pm. Hanover Country Club to Dartmouth Green. Dartmouth Triathlon Team is helping out; need an on-campus sponsor to utilize the Green.
Tuesday Night Track coach.
Dorcas will coach May 28 through August. Will be paid but as a board member will recuse herself from voting or being present when there is a conflict of interest.
Should it be a contract or a UVRC employee-relationship? Should the certification be a requirement of the contract? Should we encourage Couch to 5K coaches to become certified and then increase their pay accordingly? Action Item
Last Occum TNT April 9 (Shrinking Shuttle Relay, Pub Night AND Injury Prevention Workshop; TNT at Hanover Track starting April 16th. Feedback: Recommend CBHM and CHaD as goal races for TNT participants
Tim will attend a USATF coaching workshop over the summer. They also offer a two-hour online course, perhaps offer an opportunity for others to join him to do the course. Board will pay for coaching certification/courses. Action Item: date/site of course
- 4. Dorcas – approach HHS AD re. Use of track as community members, make a contribution to HHS for use of the track
Next Meeting: Monday, May 13, 6:30 pm. Location: Rebecca Stanfield McCown’s house, 56 Elm Street, Lebanon, NH
Action Items for May 2019 meeting
- Geoff – survey club members about interest in indoor track facility
- Rebecca – will list how to send out a vanpool survey and place
- Amanda, Alex – forwarded fourth time: Social Media overview
- Paul, Alex, Joffrey – with Travis Peters leaving, what is he accomplishing, how to understand that, and who will take over his responsibilities in late June?
- Paul – Should coaching TNT be a contract or a UVRC employee-relationship? Should the certification be a requirement of the contract? Should we encourage Couch 2 5K coaches to become certified and then increase their pay accordingly?
- Dorcas – will contact Eric Piconni/HHS Coach about a Thursday evening workout at the Dresden fields for HHS runners – and UVRC members are interested in joining.
- Paul – Treasurer’s report, including up to date financial statement – income and expenses.
- Jim – Meet with Gonnermans to discuss their job descriptions as Volunteer Program Coordinators.