November 17, 2019
Lebanon Town Hall
UVRC September Board Meeting Minutes
(Board*): Jim Burnett**, Dorcas DenHartog*, Alex Hall*, Tim Smith *, Amanda Kievet*, Geoff Dunbar*, Krissy Flythe(*), Rebecca Stanfield McCown*, Joffrey Peters*, Scott King,
Not present: Paul Coats (on sabbatical)*, Tiffany Currier*
- Jim: Meeting called to order
- Scott: Indoor C25K Winter Workout
- Checked with Jim Vanier about CCB use for indoor stretching, in place cardio workout. Saturdays 7:45am it’s open, so 8am-9am. Workouts start first Saturday in December (December 7th)
- Need to be a member of UVRC (not CCB)
- Krissy will set it up registration on the website
- Workout: take off shoes, then stretching (recommend bringing a yoga mat), cardio, then stretching.
- 9am runners could join C25K warmdown as a warmup.
- Tim: Turkey Trot preparations
- Krissy: club financial statement
- sending out announcements about renewing club memberships.
- How many members have renewed their membership? New members?
- Shared a sample questionnaire to survey Couch to 5K members’ experience
- UVRC apparel through Top Stitch.
- Amanda: banquet debrief
- About 45 people attended
- Jim Westridge did a great DJ job
- Food arrived 5 minutes before dinner to start.
- Liba Catering for next year – will contact her
- Good volunteer response for Setup and Cleanup.
- Next year: call Dartmouth Security BEFORE to unlock facility
- Hannah: organizing Saturday Runs.
- How’s it going? What can we do to help?
- Amanda and Joffrey: UVRC Pub Nights and Wed Pub Runs,
- Action Item: send email out to plug UV Trail Runners MeetUp opportunities, trail runs on Wednesday evenings
- Attendance is down but varies widely
- Liba is interested in bringing soup after TNT’s (except Pub Nights) at Occum – great idea! (hang out by fire pit behind Occum House?)
- Mike and Betsy Gonnerman: Volunteer tracking
- Shared the spreadsheet with Jim
- Nancy and Lori: Jingle Bell Run
- Tues. December 17th @ 6pm at Ramunto’s.
- limit the UVRS and Volunteering awards presentations to 10 minutes each will allow enough time for the raffle
- Alex: UVRC website recreation
- Several people with strong technical backgrounds have volunteered to help
- Geoff: UVRSeries
- Turkey Trot is the last event
- Awards will be ready for Jingle Bell Run
- Main Street Mile – put in next year’s series?
- Rebecca: Volunteer Trucker Hats
- Trucker Hats are to be awarded at Jingle Bell Run.
- Trucker Hat order is due to arrive in time.
- Meant to recognize those who have met the volunteering goal
- Suggest volunteer request emails include a reminder of the Trucker Hat benefit.
- Who gets a Trucker Hat:
- 15 have volunteered at three or more events, including C25K coaches, TNT coaches. (~21 people thus far)
- Rebecca: Covered Bridges Half Marathon 2020
- Looking for creative ideas to find 30 pacers (you get two shirts! It’s fun!)
- Goal: minimum 2, prefer 3 pacers per pace time
- Recommend limiting Pacer responsibilities to include a pre-race day pacer information meeting; every other Saturday run through the spring from Billings Farm to help pacers preview/practice the course was helpful; pasta dinner attendance optional.
- Reach out to other running clubs for pacers
- Monday, December 16th (day before Jingle Bell Run, 6:30 at Lebanon Town Hall